OK. I have been missing in action for quite some time. You know life, clients, hiding under covers, etc But this week I am officially returning returning to the land of the living. AKA Social Media. So much is going on right now in my life. It would take at least 3 weeks and 15 blog post to catch everyone up!
So lets start with a project update. A before and after! They are always fun! Do you remember Lisa? She wanted a mix of ethnic, purple, pinks, and feminine, all in one room. I got back the photos just a minute ago and here they are.
Here is a before:
And Her After…
And her after!
The after photos were taken by the talented Rio Wray
There were hugs, laughter, and smiles. I love a client reveal!
What my team and I did with this space:
- Painted…The walls ceiling, and most of the trim
- Revised the floor plan to open up the space
- Maximized storage for her cd’s (aka – used an iPod), videos, etc
- Sourced high and low furnishings creating an interesting mix
- Re-imagined vintage tables (end and accent pieces)
- Designed a custom ottoman packed with storage
- Accessorized with pictures, books, florals, paintings, pillows, and drawings to add more texture and interest.
What people don’t get and (they should) is that a great design of your home affects your mood and how you feel about yourself. Even when you simply clean up, it makes a huge difference. You feel relaxed, accomplished and in YOUR SPACE. When you feel that your house is in “hot-mess-status” you sometimes feel that way about yourself too.