Here is a motif you may have long discarded for your interiors… Florals and Stripes. Well hold up, you may need to rethink them. The look is done to death in fashion, but now with new options in fabrics, rugs, and wallpapers they are now reinvented, bold and stylish.
How to Mix Graphic Patterns (Stripes) and Florals
- Use florals as wall papers or on upholstery, while mixing in the graphic patterns on the flooring and area rugs. Using these materials in large doses will give you a big visual impact.
- You can lessen the impact by settling on 2-3 colors in the overall scheme.
- If you are nervous about going “all out” try mixing up the two patterns in smaller doses; such as pillows, decorative boxes, or on your throw blankets.
- When mixing graphic patterns and florals make sure you choose your colors wisely. A nice graphic that goes with any floral is a striking black-and-white pattern, such as a black and white geometric or a stripe.
- If your floral pattern is more neutral such as a taupe or gray make sure you go bolder with the colors of your graphic patterns. You can use color such as magentas, teals. or yellows.
When done right, the layering of graphic stripes and florals are both adorable yet sophisticated and polished.
Your Interior Designer & HGTV Host